EXTRATS OF RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR HOSTEL RESIDENTS
NB: HANDBOOK FOR GUSSS HOSTEL RESIDENTS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE LATER.
- Residents shall not accommodate “PERCHER (S)” (Illegal Residents in their rooms).
- A resident shall not SUBLET, RENT, or SELL a bed space to another student.
- Residents are advised to leave their room keys at the porters’ lodge when leaving the hostel premises.
- Student residents are NOT ALLOWED to:
- Change locks to their rooms
- Duplicate the keys to their room
- Use “GAS stoves” in the hostel premises (Students may however, use “Electric Stoves”)
- No Student shall temper with the fire Extinguishers provided unless there is a fire outbreak.
- Smoking, and consumption of alcoholic drinks and other intoxicants or possession or use of narcotic drugs in the hostel premises is strictly prohibited.
- No secret activities or meetings are permitted in the hostel.
- Occultism or any other secret societies or groupings is strictly prohibited.
- The use of audio systems which may cause inconveniences to other occupants is not allowed.
- Student residents should switch off all electrical appliances and keep the room locked when they go out of their rooms.
- Residents should not litter the hostel premises indiscriminately and should dump rubbish at the appropriate designated site.
- The residents of the hostel are responsible for the safe keeping of their personal belongings.
They are advised to keep under lock all valuable items such as Laptops, mobile phones etc ad lock the rooms at all times
- Any case of theft should be reported promptly to the security Co-coordinator through the porter on duty.
- In case of any emergency. Please contact the security guards or porter on duty.
- Any complaints or suggestions may be dropped at the porters lodge.